Most of us experience those days when nothing seems to be going right. When things just start piling up on top of each other leaving you feeling weighed down. There are even days when you may not know why you are feeling so flat and down you just are. Being human means that we are going to have all types of days and a whole range of emotions to match. Here are 5 techniques that you can try next time you are feeling down in the dumps.
1. Be your own best friend – Treat yourself in the same manner you would treat a very dear friend if they were feeling down. Offer yourself the same kindness, love and compassion that you would give to your friend and listen to your own advice.
2. Get outside – Take a walk outside; if only for a few minutes and open up your senses. Being outside has a way of bringing life back into our minds and bodies.
3. Nurture your body – Eat healthy nutritious food that will fuel and energize your body. Ensure that you get plenty of rest and recovery time by getting sufficient sleep and don’t forget to hydrate with clean water.
4. Be aware of your thoughts – Bring your awareness to your thoughts and notice whether you are filling your mind with thoughts that will serve you well. If you find yourself thinking negatively, take control and change the thoughts. Close your eyes and think of something or someone that brings you joy.
5. Surround yourself with the right people – There are people that leave you feeling uplifted when you’re in their company and there are people that leave you feeling down and drained. On the days that you are feeling particularly down it is a good idea to surround yourself with the more positive, uplifting group of people.
If you want more personalised or detailed advice on how to manage when you’re feeling low, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via the contact us page.
We hope you have a great day.